Hi, we're Dario and Andrea.
We’re two Italian guys born in Genova, a mid-size city near Portofino. We’ve been friends since forever.
After years of technological abuse, we started to experience severe physical and psychological symptoms.
- Backaches, headaches, neck pain, and other kinds of physical pain. We felt like nature did something wrong, and that our bodies were “incorrectly assembled.”
- Many addictions that filled up our free time: porn, video games, social networks, TV shows, email, etc.
- Bad moods, lack of mental acuity, and states of depression, which led to Dario having a nervous breakdown at the age of 27.
- Inability to stop thinking about work, or to disconnect from screens.
- Low physical energy, leading to decreased productivity and general lethargy.
- Difficulties truly connecting with our loved ones, family, friends, or romantic partners.
- Sexual issues, including obsessive use of porn and psychological impotence.
- Insomnia and waking up very late every day. We referred to it with sad humor as “the digital baker’s life” (in Italy, bakers work all night to prepare fresh bread for the morning after).
- Panic attacks and sudden rage.
- And many more, with the situation getting worse with every day.
Those years were, in many ways, pure hell.
Looking back, we barely recognize who we were, so deep was the pain, the angst, and the confusion.
But, as is often the case, major struggles may reveal themselves as blessings in disguise. So…
We started to search for practical solutions.
Anything to get out of the slimy tunnel where we were stuck.
It was a near-obsessive search for relief. We invested more than €80.000, trying and testing every strategy we could grasp.
We studied and practiced several disciplines. We sought the help of doctors and therapists. We found and lost mentors.
We gained insights and had epiphanies.
We meditated, ran in the wild, danced to African rhythms, took part in shamanic ceremonies…
Now, twelve years later, we’re no Zen gurus.
We haven’t reached the end of our journey—quite the opposite.
In life there is always room for growth, learning, and discovery.
But what we can say for sure is this: our life is completely different.
During the first years of our journey, we searched remedies for each disorder listed at the beginning.
Unfortunately, the results were fluctuating and did not last, merely stopgaps. It was so damn frustrating.
As a result, we realized we were just working on the symptoms, ignoring the causes.
At the root of tech abuse is in fact a deep social and individual suffering.
Tech is only the last dope.
It is a dope socially accepted or even required, widespread and low-priced. But the underlying issue is much more ancient.
For this reason our goal with Digitalstress.org is to awaken the people and to help them reconnect with themselves, with nature, and with their humanity.
To put an end to the pointless suffering behind tech abuse, getting right to the root of the matter.
(We talk about this more in detail here.)
For twelve years of our lives, without even being aware of it, we went on a journey to become “Experts in preventing and solving Digital Stress”.
We’ve been through hell, and we’ve found our way home.
For us, this isn’t just a job, or a way to make some cash. It’s a mission.
We want to spread the message and help those who need it—as we received help back when we were struggling.
Disponibile anche in: Italiano